Seeking Web Development Contractor
Due to a high volume of clients, we have an immediate need for a WordPress developer who can code a theme from scratch based on a site mockup provided as a PDF and/or xD, Sketch, or Zeplin file. Clean, unbloated starter themes like Underscores are welcome.
As a freelance WordPress Developer, you will translate wireframes into coded pages for a website, using WordPress and prepared graphics. You will be responsible for coding custom WordPress themes, plugins, and Gutenberg blocks (via ACF Pro or plain JS+PHP is OK) as well as setting up local, staging, and production environments. You will also be responsible for 3rd-party integrations, cross-browser testing, responsive testing, QA testing, and implementing fixes pre and post-launch.
At Identafire, we work with organizations that have an eye toward social justice, community, and equity. We focus on the education, housing, and independent journalism spaces but work with all manner of change-making organizations. Our work helps our clients make real, positive impact. We are a Queer, Black-owned operation. We are unapologetically for social justice.
The immediate project on deck is with a progressive consultant who creates community conversations in organizations, teams, and communities on behalf of positive change. There may be an opportunity for ongoing work after this project is completed.
The project will require creating a new theme using native WordPress features and ACF.
To be built:
- Main Nav, Footer, etc.
- About Us
- Case Studies Directory
- Reusable Case Study Page Template
- Reusable Solutions Page Template
- Glossary Page
- Blog Feed Page
- Reusable Blog Post Template
- Contact Us Page
- Reusable Generic Content Page Template (to be used for Privacy Page and 404 page and any additional future pages that do not require new layout blocks).
- Up to 10 custom Gutenberg/ACF layout blocks
Who You Are
You wish for a well-scoped build project. You are an experienced website developer. Must be intimately familiar with WordPress, gutenberg blocks, Advanced Custom Fields Pro, GitHub, and SCSS. Our dev stack is your favorite code editor, MAMP or similar, CodeKit or similar. You may be asked to code collaboratively using GitHub.
- A portfolio of WordPress websites you have you developed. Must send at least one link to a live site.
- Skilled in communication with designers and other developers
- Excellent time management skills and adherence to deadlines
- Problem-solving approach to work
$5000 total project fee offered. 50% deposit offered to start with the other 50% paid upon project completion.
Q/T/BIPOC folks encouraged to apply.
To Apply, please complete this form and we’ll be in touch to speak in real time if it sounds like it might be a good fit.